About Us - Learner Success
NWSS School Learning Plan
The Canadian Education Association (CEA) describes engagement as the extent to which students:
- identify with and love being at school,
- have a sense of belonging,
- participate in academic and non-academic activities,
- strive to meet the formal requirements of schooling, and, perhaps more importantly,
- make a serious personal investment in learning
At New Westminster Secondary School, we value a strength-based approach to learning and we believe that relationships are foundational to engagement with school and to all learning experiences.
Friesen, S. Exploring student engagement: what did you do in school today? CEA-ACE, Galileo, Learning Bar.