The school counsellor is a professional in the fields of education and counselling. The services provided include course planning, career counselling, lifestyle exploration and personal counselling.
Our Counsellors are here to support you by providing:
- crisis counselling involving home or school problems
- strategies and support for students who are feeling anxious, stressed, or overloaded and are needing emotional support
- support for students with questions or concerns regarding sexuality, identity and orientation
- resolution for problems arising from difficulties related to class and/or school routines and policies
- referrals to community resources, such as Youth and Child Mental Health or UBC Counselling, for extra support
- course planning leading to graduation, post-secondary education or employment
- assistance for students experiencing academic difficulties
- scholarship information
Speak to a Counsellor
|Ms. Sarekha Jagpal - A - Ch + Sc - Sil||604-517-6201||Email Ms. Jagpal|
|Ms. Marika Melvin - Ci - Ho + Sim - Ta||604-517-6225||Email Ms. Melvin|
|Ms. Jennifer Towers - Sc - Z (Currently on Leave)||604-517-6222|
|Ms. Erin Kenny - Hr - Mc + Te - Ve||604-517-6224||Email Ms. Kenny|
|Ms. Nancy Milne - Me - Sa + Vi - X||604-517-6223||Email Ms. Milne|
|Ms. Shirley Schweers - International Ed + Y - Z||604-517-6226||Email Ms. Schweers|
|Mr. Matthew Mitchell - SIGMA||604-517-6226||Email Mr. Mitchell|
Log into your MyEducation BC account to find out who your counsellor is.
If you are unable to book an appointment with a counselor, our staff is available to meet with students as a “drop in” at lunch or after school (no appointment required).
Additionally, if you are unable to make an appointment, please make sure to cancel your appointment using the confirmation email you received and/or message your counsellor on teams.
Parents are welcome to contact their school counsellor by email if they have any questions or concerns.