November 29, 2022
All schools in the New Westminster School District will remain OPEN, if at all possible, during the colder and potentially snowy or icy weather this winter may bring.
In rare instances where a school closure is needed, our school district will try to announce the decision by 6:30 am or soon thereafter.
A notice will be posted on the District websites: https://newwestschools.ca/
You can follow our District’s social media channels, as notifications will be posted there:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/newwestschools
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/newwestschools
- And a list of school closures is also usually read on multiple local radio and TV stations,
including on CKNW (AM 980), CBC (AM 690/FM 88.1), News 1130-City News (AM 1130), Global TV, Fairchild and BC CTV.
Student safety is our top priority and we ask that if a parent/caregiver feels their child cannot travel safely to or from school, then they should make alternate arrangements for the day.
Student absences due to unsafe travel during inclement weather conditions will of course be excused.
Always wear footwear that matches the weather outside
· Boots with a deep tread are best for snow
· Always “Walk like a penguin” by sliding your feet when on slippery surfaces such as ice or snow
· Use the designated safe travel paths below and avoid paths that have not been safely cleared