Departments & Programs - International Baccalaureate
Applicants to the International Baccalaureate Programme at NWSS:
IB Grade 11 Application Package available NOW! PLEASE CLICK HERE! Students currently registered in Pre-IB Grade 10 at NWSS will not need to apply for IB Grade 11.
- Student Application Forms: Applications and supporting documents are due by email to email@example.com on Friday, May 8, 2020.
- Confidential Teacher Referral Forms: Applicants must provide two references. One should come from a Humanities (Social, English, or French) teacher and one from a Science or Math teacher. Teachers should have these as soon as you decide to apply. Teachers are asked to return the completed forms by email to Mrs. Chris Walton at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, May 8, 2020.
- Entrance Testing: Entrance exams have been canceled due to COVID-19. Acceptance to be determined by student grades and teacher referrals.
- Letters advising students whether they have been accepted into the programme or not (or waitlisted) will be emailed in June.
- Successful applicants must also complete a package of summer work in English and show proof of completion of Pre-Calculus 11 and/or Social Studies 11 (if not planning to take IB History 11) and/or Physics 11 (if planning to take IB Physics 11) prior to September 2020. DUE TO THE CURRENT COVID-19 SITUATION, SUMMER SCHOOL IS UNCERTAIN AT THIS TIME.
Please refer to the NWSS website for further information on registration. Please note: New applicants to NWSS IB 11 are accepted when spaces are available.