Departments & Programs - Counselling
The school counsellor is a professional in the fields of education and counselling. The services provided include course planning, career counselling, lifestyle exploration and personal counselling.
Our Counsellors are here to support you by providing:
- crisis counselling involving home or school problems
- strategies and support for students who are feeling anxious, stressed, or overloaded and are needing emotional support
- support for students with questions or concerns regarding sexuality, identity and orientation
- resolution for problems arising from difficulties related to class and/or school routines and policies
- referrals to community resources, such as Youth and Child Mental Health or UBC Counselling, for extra support
- course planning leading to graduation, post-secondary education or employment
- assistance for students experiencing academic difficulties
- scholarship information
Students may make appointments through our counselling office during school hours. Our counselling staff is available to meet with students as a “drop in” at lunch or after school (no appointment required). Parents are also welcome to contact their school counsellor if they have any questions or concerns, or they can make an appointment to meet with a counsellor through our Counselling Secretary.
Course Selection Booklet
For a detailed description and complete list of all courses being offered in the 2017-2018 school year please see our Course Description booklet below.